Mother's Day 2024


 Behold the wisdom of God's way
That in His plan He formed our days
To reflect the glory of the Son
To Fight the Battle already won

To run the race by being still
To forsake our way and do God's will
To live for Christ by dying to our sin
To abide in the Lord finding strength in Him

To stand firm in faith upon our knees
To find in serving others what it is to be free
To find true life at the tomb
Where Christ's crucified body burst forth as from the womb

To know the Prince of Peace in life's storms
To know the might of His grace when we are worn
To taste his all-satisfying worth
When His Holy Spirit gives us new birth 

To be stripped of all that is not of God
To come to see His mercy in His rod
To lean only upon His Word
To see His provision as we look at the birds

To see Christ's beauty in every day
From the rising of the sun till every ray
Sinks down below the horizon far
And dark night sets in with twinkling stars.

This is the measure of my days
That in every moment and in all my ways
I behold God's glory ever deep
I know Him more on mountains steep

I taste His sweetness in His love
I persevere with eyes fixed above
I trust him and lean upon His Word
I delight in the salvation I do not deserve

I walk with God each unfolding day
I see His hand at work in all my ways
I come to Christ and cease my labor
I seek his face---my glorious Savior

Comments

Diaries of a Coastie

The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd #2

Encouraging Thoughts from Susannah Spurgeon

Pleasures of God Book Review

Faithful Grace

Only Jesus

The Everlasting Word

The Unchangeable Rock