Precious Jesus





Precious Jesus, Your love is streaming
From Your wounds that bled for me.
Your blood was shed to buy my pardon;
Your love endures and sets me free.

•   •   •   •

For long was I chained in death's dark prison
Serving sin and Satan's cause
Till mercy reached down to me in Jesus
Transformed my heart by grace's matchless laws.


Only Jesus! Now and forever!
Only Jesus fills my soul!
Only Jesus by grace has saved me!
Only Jesus has made me whole!

•   •   •   •

Only Jesus! His name my anthem!
Only Jesus! My sinful heart's cure!
Only Jesus! My light in darkness!
Only Jesus! My hope secure!




Precious Jesus, Your glory's shining
Brilliantly from wounds of grace
As You stand in glorious splendor
You plead for me and sustain my faith.

•   •   •   •

From death's dark prison You rose the Victor
ALIVE! Now death has lost its sting!
ALIVE! Now sin has been defeated!
ALIVE! Now rescued sinners shall ever sing:



Only Jesus! Our risen Hero!
Only Jesus! His love our song!
Only Jesus! Fountain of life outpouring!
Only Jesus! The praise belongs!

•   •   •   •

Only Jesus! All glory and Honor!
Only Jesus! Our lips proclaim!
Only Jesus! Whether living or dying!
Only Jesus! The highest name!




Comments

Diaries of a Coastie

The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd #2

Encouraging Thoughts from Susannah Spurgeon

Pleasures of God Book Review

Faithful Grace

Only Jesus

The Everlasting Word

God's Faithful Love