Wondrous Reminders


"O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me...

Wild Lily

...but I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; liked a weaned child is my soul within me...

Bumblebee in the Clover

...O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forevermore."
~Psslm 131


Gray Field Slug

"Consequently, [Jesus] is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him...


...since He always lives to make intercession for them."
~Hebrews 7:25



"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgement, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many...


Butterfly Bush

...will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him."
~Hebrews 9:27-28

Carpenter Bee

Tiny, teeny flies with golden bodies seem to suck the grass blades. They have transparent, rainbow hued wings, maroon colored helmets, and brown tongues that they scrape along the green blades of grass. They go from blade to blade---tasting then searching and tasting again. How they are a reminder to me to taste God's promises---from word to word and promise to promise as I read the Bible. Searching then stillness then searching again. The very business of my day is to feed my soul upon God. How lovely to "be still" and know the Lord as I observe His wondrous creation while also feasting on His Word.

Toad

"The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
~Psalm 19:1




Comments

Diaries of a Coastie

The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is My Shepherd #2

Encouraging Thoughts from Susannah Spurgeon

Pleasures of God Book Review

Faithful Grace

Only Jesus

The Everlasting Word

God's Faithful Love